Sunday, November 18, 2018
Update
As many of you have seen there was a recent devastating fire that started in, Paradise, California. CAMP fire is still going and has affected the lives of so many wonderful people. I have teachers and classmates who were personally affected. They either lost their homes, or their jobs. Chico has been reaching out to try and support those in need. Seeing the response from the community I live in has truly made me proud. Many of my friends gathered donations and volunteered their time at shelters. Outside of Chico, so many people were eager to help as well. My friends, and family members made donations which I was able to use to buy masks, water, toiletries, and food for the evacuees. I was able to volunteer through the Chico State Nursing School which was an experience I will never forget. I cannot imagine what the people from Paradise, Magalia, Konkow, the canyon of Chico, and other surrounding towns that were affected are going through. They have lost everything, yet still remain so positive. At one of the shelters a few people set up a little band and played music until it was time to go to bed. It was definitely uplifting for everyone at the shelter and I thought that was really touching. All of the shelters are full, and parking lots have been opened up as camp sites for people to stay at. It is going to take time for this town to move on from the devastation and I know everyone is doing as much as they can to help out. Lastly, our firefighters are amazing and I am beyond grateful for them. It definitely takes courage and bravery to risk their lives to save ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment