I am currently in my first semester of Nursing School here at Chico State. Right now it is week three. I will start clinicals soon, which is very exciting. I joined the Chico State Nursing Club to be a mentor to pre-nursing students who need guidance for applying to the nursing program. I am also involved in faculty meetings for the Nursing program and I have my first one this Friday. It is going to be one busy and exciting semester! I love my classes and it feels like a job already. It is a change of pace, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am taking an evidence based practice class, a fundamentals of nursing class, and my skills lab. In skills we have performed shaving, brushing teeth, tying restraints, making beds, applying oxygen masks, and putting on compression hose socks (TEDS). I can't express how grateful and enthused I am about this school year. It is a lot of hard work, reading, and dedication, but I know it is what I want to do! I studied abroad this past summer in Thailand before the program began. I took Buddhism in Thailand, Thai Style cooking, and a Hill Tribe Field Study. It was truly the best experience of my life and I would do anything to experience it again. I am so thankful for the opportunity to travel abroad before I began nursing school. I would highly encourage anyone who is even thinking about studying in another country to do it. It is truly a life changing experience. It opened my mind to new things, experiences, and culture. I definitely see it as something that will improve my skills in my career! There are so many things that have been goals of mine to do during college and I am doing my best to accomplish all of them!

No comments:
Post a Comment