Thursday, June 13, 2019
Summer 2019
I finished my second semester of nursing school this past spring and now it is summer. In August, I will be moving into my third semester, time flies! My last semester was surely a success. Second semester made me grow a lot as a nurse. My pathophysiology course was my favorite so far and helped me understand the science behind certain diseases. I feel like I just began nursing school. It is incredible how much I have learned, the relationships I have formed, and the ways that nursing school has impacted my life thus far. This summer I am working as a caregiver, as well as on campus, and some other small side jobs. I wanted to spend this summer working and also being able to explore. I want to spend my second to last summer in college exploring the place that I spend the majority of my time in. The school year becomes so hectic and I don't always have time to adventure, so I felt this would be the perfect opportunity. I also have one big trip being planned that will be a road trip with one of my best friends! We will be driving down the coast, exploring Los Angeles, San Diego, and towns in between! I wanted to make sure that I work this summer, but also take some personal time to relax and have fun! Throughout college, I learned how important it is to work hard and stay motivated, but in order to do that, you must take time for yourself. Also, the fun times are the ones I enjoy the most and always remember. In relation to the school/work aspect of my life, I want to also spend some of my time researching new graduate programs and places to apply after college. Of course, I am still finding my role as a nurse throughout school, and what area I want to work in. I know this will take time, and I also feel very open to a lot of different areas of nursing. This will be a huge and scary step in my life, but very exciting. New places and changing from what is familiar is always frightening, but it is how I grow as an individual. I am always embracing new opportunities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment