Saturday, August 15, 2020
Summer 2020
As we near the end of summer, I want to take some time to reflect on the past few months. I was able to work and take care of three children. My time management, ability to resolve conflict, and communication skills all improved. When I started, I did not realize how much I would learn and grow through this experience. Additionally, I truly enjoyed taking care of these children and will miss this past summer. During this time, I also obtained my Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications. The ACLS course was taken first in July, and then I took my PALS course in August. Since classes were moved onto virtual platforms during the past semester, it felt amazing to be back in an in-person classroom setting. Learning has always been a passion of mine and I thrive when collaborating with my peers. During the classes scenarios were given, and it allowed the simulation of real-life experience. I was able to utilize my assessment skills, prioritize the patient's needs, implement, and carry out a plan of care. Furthermore, spending time at home with my family this summer was a huge blessing. We frequently go boating and camping. Additional free time allowed for reading and increasing my depth of knowledge about the stock market. Reading and watching videos is my preferred method for learning about stocks. This summer allowed me the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in many different areas that I was unfamiliar with before. The final fifth semester of nursing is closely approaching and it will pass rapidly. I am enrolled in two virtual classes and two in-person clinical courses. After my ICU rotation last semester, classes were transitioned into virtual learning. You could say I am more than eager to be back in the hospital, providing care for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment