Sunday, April 5, 2020

4th Semester with COVID-19

Well, there has definitely been some significant change during this semester. It is my senior year of college and during this spring semester, we were only in school for about a month and a half. In a short amount of time, all of our classes were quickly turned into online classes. I am very appreciative to have instructors who are extremely hardworking and put so much work into transitioning into online courses. My mental health clinical section has been anxiously waiting to hear if the Board of Registered Nursing will approve our hours to be completed online. They approved us and now we can finish the semester online! It has been difficult to see my senior year cut short and the time left with my best friends taken away. I know many of us have been looking forward to commencement and have our families with us to recognize our hard work over these past four years. I know that I wanted all the time I had left in my college career to spend with the life long friends I have made here at Chico State. It was hard to see this semester end so abruptly and for everyone to be quarantined in their homes. Starting the semester I would have never imagined our campuses closing and classes being conducted through zoom. During this year, I made sure to spend time with my close friends as I knew it was our last year together. I have so many wonderful memories from college and even this last, short semester of my senior year. However, I graduate in Fall 2020, but the majority of my closest friends will complete their degrees this semester. This time is a reminder for me to spend quality time with those who are extremely close to you in your life and how much you appreciate/love them. You never know when the last time you are going to see someone in your life. I know that I will see my best friends again, but it will be a while during this pandemic. During this time, I am thankful for facetime and zoom so that I am able to see most of these people face to face. The extra time is also wonderful for me to be able to spend with my family and to have a little bit of a break. Most importantly, make sure to remind yourself to have a positive mindset and find the good things in every day. In my life, I emphasize a positive mindset and it can be hard for many of us during this time to have an optimistic outlook. Make sure to facetime with your friends and to stay in touch with people. It is important to remain engaged in your social interactions, especially for your mental health! Take this extra time to call those who you are grateful for and remind them of how much they mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment