Thursday, September 3, 2015

Inspirations That Will Help me Reach my Aspirations

For my future and the high set goals I have for myself I know that certain role models will play a huge part in my life. I have so much respect for the people around me and I am surrounded with such intelligent human beings who have made me who I am today. Starting with my parents, who have done way more than just playing an active role in my life. They are extraordinary and have made believe in myself. I have such a close and rare relationship with them that not many kids experience in my eyes. I live with only them and I think that has played a big part in bringing us so close together. Words can't even describe the amount of knowledge my dad has attained in his lifetime. He obtained his bachelor's degree and his master's degree. This has inspired me to want to attend also attain two degrees or more. He's taught me to love school and has been the biggest help when it comes to needing some extra help. Now, as for my mom, she has raised me to be the hardworking and determined young adult that I am. She stops at nothing and is always on top of everything. She is very helpful when it comes to helping me with my creative side and brainstorming how to make my projects look exquisite. Her creativity and organization are two qualities I now strive to maintain. Both my parents have such strong, gifted traits that will keep on inspiring me to strive for my goals. They give me so much support and it keeps me going. Whenever I may think I can't get there I know they will be right there to lift me back up and make sure I reach my goal.

As I will be interning this year at our local Hospital, I will be working with a registered nurse. I cannot wait to have the opportunity of a lifetime and to be able to express my passion in the medical field. She will be the main role model that will be guiding me in my journey of exploring this new field hands-on. It will be so amazing to see new things and have different experiences from anything I've seen before. I can't wait to dive deeper into my career path and really pursue my dreams. My main goal is to further my experience in the medical field and she will be there helping strive to become better every day.

For my Senior year, I will have lots of wonderful teachers who will all contribute to helping reach my goals. However, two that stick out in my mind are my iQuest teacher, and my mentor, my physics instructor. During my sophomore year, I had my iQuest teacher as a history teacher and I honestly can say I have never had a better teacher than her. She really changed how I look at history and now I enjoy it. Her style of teaching not only helps you understand the work but also want to learn about it. She is my iQuest teacher and she will know everything going on in my internship. She has already been such a big help with setting us up to work in the hospital and I would not get the same opportunity without her. For this class, we also choose a mentor. I picked my physics teacher because her intelligence was such an inspiration to me and someone I will always look up to. She definitely pushed me to improve my skills and be the strongest student I can be. She believes in her students and wants them to understand what they are learning. I could ask her as many questions as I needed and she would still want to answer them all. That is something I would always want in a teacher and it was such a good feeling that my teacher wanted to help me become better. Both of these teachers will be hearing about my experiences from the internship and I am so excited to talk about it with them. They will help me by having someone I can express my passion because I love to talk about what interests me in my life. It will create an even larger passion and I can't wait to see where this year is going to take me.

On my way to striving to reach my big goals, I will have to get some tasks finished before I start. The beginning of the year is stressful completing college essays, and applications. For now, I have one essay left that I need to write, and it is about my internship, but I want to have some experiences there before I begin it. I volunteered a lot at the beginning of the junior year and that is something I need to start again. I plan to volunteer for my dad's work and to also join the interact club again for my senior year. I also need to read more again like I was in the summer under the nice warm sun. We have a book assigned in English class and that will help me get back into my routine of sitting down for some quiet time to relax and take a little break from my busy life. Washing my car is at the top of my list of putting things off. I am always so busy and can't find time to wash it. I don't want to pay to get it washed either because I could spend that money on something better. I really shouldn't put it off since it also causes danger when driving the car. Having dirty windows can impair the vision of the driver. I need to take the time out to make my car look extra clean and safer for me to drive around. The last thing that is on my to-do list is to spend quality time with my family. During the school year, it can become difficult to have a simple dinner with my parents due to my busy schedule. After school and work all day I don't see my parents tell around 9 once I return home. By the time I have completed my homework all I want to do is lay down and go to sleep after my long tiring day. This barely leaves time for me to even have the chance to sit down and talk with my parents about our days. It's nice to spend some extra time with them when I have it because I know I'm always very busy and I don't have much time left living at home. Tending to these last few items on my list will allow me to focus on solely my goals and to accomplish them.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sydney,

    You are why I teach! You make me happy to come to work every single day. You inspire me to be all that I can be in my profession. Thank you for your kind words in your blog post. I will never forget reading them. I feel blessed that I was able to work with you your sophomore year and I was overjoyed when you joined the iQuest family. Since the moment I met you I knew, without a doubt, that you had a bright future ahead of you. You are wise beyond your years, you are kind, you are strong, you are determined. You are going to have so many incredible experiences this year. I can't wait to hear all about the ins and outs of your internship - and everything else you are involved in. Cheers to a fantastic senior year!

    Best wishes,
    Mrs. Gagnon

    ReplyDelete