Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Aspirations for my Last Year of High School

I'm wondering where the time has gone and how I am already a Senior in High School. Although it has come so suddenly, now I can really focus on pursuing my passion. For my last year of High School, I will have the amazing opportunity to intern at our local Hospital. I had the wonderful experience of taking many science classes and educating myself more in these particular areas of study. I am excited and I feel very prepared to start this internship. It will allow me to discover more about my career and what specific area I want to work in. Also, I feel that I will learn more about myself than I ever have. For senior year I hope this internship helps me find the exact job I want to pursue in my life. As of now, I know my interests are learning about the study are the bones, ligaments, and tendons. It sounds fascinating and almost like a mystery when trying to diagnose someone. It is a puzzle and you have to help them so they can recover. I love that helping people is a huge part of the medical field. I want to have that as a part of my career because My job needs to have a social aspect in it because I like to communicate with people and work with them. Better conclusions are reached in collaboration and it's always better to have another point of view. Being able to narrow it down to which job would offer the most with diagnosis in the areas of study with bones, ligaments and tendons, would help me further my passion. Senior year is going to be a lot of work. I plan to apply to approximately five colleges. I know I will be very busy with college applications, school, working, and my new internship. I also hope to make my senior year the best one yet and I want to participate in all of the school activities. I want to spend the most time I can with my friends and not take that time for granted because it is going to pass in the blink of an eye. It'll be the last year to still meet new faces and to spend the short time I have left with my class of 2016. Here's to making the best memories yet, lets finish senior year off with a bang.

3 comments:

  1. Syd, as I am reading this beautiful blog, I am so excited for what you have in store for these next upcoming years in your life. I see all the hard work and dedication that you put into everything and I know all the UC's will want that girl at their campus representing their school, especially Davis. As for your internship, I am eager to hear all your stories and experiences at the hospital. I know that whatever you end up doing, you will continue to strive for the top, and accomplish all your goals, dreams, and aspirations. I am so happy for you my friend, continue to do the impossible, and live your life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney! From sophomore to senior year.... where did the time go?! It has been an honor watching you grow and witnesses first hand what you have achieved during your time at Cal High. I am so incredibly happy that you are in the iQuest class of 2016. Your passion for your career path is clear. And you have the drive and talent to make your dream a reality. I am so excited that I will get to hear about your journey on a regular basis this year. San Ramon Regional is lucky to have you and you are going to gain excellent exposure to the field of medicine through your internship. You are an inspiration! Mrs. Gagnon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, I'm so glad that we share the same interests in the medical field and that we even got the same positions at our internships! I'm so excited to see what you are going to decide to do with your medical career, and to have you as a coworker for such an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete