Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Cal High Mentor

For my Cal High Mentor, I chose my Physics teacher that instructed me during my Junior year. I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting her last year and having her as my instructor for the whole year. She has taught at Cal High for quite some time and teaches multiple subjects. Along with Physics, she also teaches Chemistry. I really enjoy her teaching style. She makes it challenging but helps you completely understand the material, leaving nothing uncovered. I love it when things are a little more difficult as long as the teacher teaches the material well and is helpful. This is exactly what she did and I love that she is so eager to help answer questions. It is vital that I can go to my teacher and not feel like a bother when I have a question. It shows that the instructor wants you to learn and is there to support you. I chose her as my mentor because I really enjoyed her class, and she was the start of me discovering my strong interest in Physics. It is the perfect balance between math and science. I understand it and grasp it very well, but it still makes me think. I want to major in physics and then I will be able to apply to medical school. As a little girl, I never would've imagined myself choosing it as a major. I'll admit I was scared enough as a Junior before I stepped foot in the classroom to attempt the material. I had overheard from numerous people that it was extremely hard. I've learned that different subjects are going to click for different people. Without this class, I may have never discovered a major that I am passionate about that would help me pursue my medical passion. Over the course of this year, I hope to create a stronger bond with my teacher and hope that she will always remember me as a great student. It will be great to have another mentor to look to and be able to reach out to. It will be so amazing to be able to share how I keep making steps towards my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Breton sounds like the perfect mentor for you! Challenging, inspiring, encouraging, motivating, and so much more. I am so thankful that you have such a strong role model right here at Cal High. Nice choice in a mentor, Sydney!

    ReplyDelete