Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Inspiring the Inspirational words of Hope from Nurses to Nurses
For the past couple of months I have been reading a book called, Inspiring the Inspirational words of Hope from Nurses to Nurses, by Sue Heacock. It is made up of many touching stories from a lot of different nurses. All of the stories are heart felt experiences that nurses have gone through. The experiences are all completely different, but are pulled together with the theme of how nurses effect patient's lives. It is also filled with philosophies about the need for nurses in our world. It has direct quotes from nurses talking about their careers and the events they have encountered. My favorite part of the book was being able to learn of a variety of experiences from so many different people. It is very different from the writing that is usually seen. I feel that it provides an inspiration from multiple people that portrays how great the medical field truly is. It isn't just one person describing how amazing nursing is. That was something that I really loved about the book and found very interesting. I would recommend this book to others because it provides a great insight on the amazing opportunities you will have to help people. It really brought to life the things that I dreamed would happen and showed me that it does happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That seems like such a cool book, and I'll seriously consider checking it out! And I'm so glad that it got you to be more inspired about nursing!! Maybe we'll work in the same hospital one day :)
ReplyDeleteGreat book selection! Would you recommend it to future iQuest students pursuing nursing?
ReplyDelete